As always, here is my disclaimer. I am by no means an expert or a licensed nail technician. What I am about to share is what works for me!
For as long as I can remember I have always painted my nails and took care of them. I cut, file and trim my cuticles. Here are some easy tips that work for me:
- Always take off nail polish before getting in the shower. Nail polish remover is so strong. So I have always felt like showering right after really gets the remover all off. Here is the remover I use. https://www.target.com/p/nail-polish-remover-solution-6-fl-oz-up-38-up-8482/-/A-51333136
- Remove cuticles when soft, most likely after your shower. Be careful the tool can be sharp. I use the Revlon cuticle remover and have for as long as I can remember. https://www.amazon.com/Revlon-Beauty-Tools-Cuticle-Trimmer/dp/B00GSV317E/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2PCAFCRW57BSY&keywords=revlon+cuticle+trimmer&qid=1560988082&s=gateway&sprefix=revlon+cuticle%2Caps%2C190&sr=8-6
- Next, file and cut your nails. Only cut if you really need to.
- Put on some Burts Bees Cuticle Cream. Ya’ll this stuff is the best! https://www.amazon.com/Burts-Bees-Cuticle-Cream-Butter/dp/B000WR47VY/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1T4ZUYKSPTW0I&keywords=burts+bees+cuticle+cream+lemon+butter&qid=1560988196&s=gateway&sprefix=burts+bees+cutic%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-7
- Okay, you are ready for polish! Obviously I can’t pick your color! (See some of my faves below) Always do a clear base coat, two coats of your color (unless you feel the color needs more), and then one top coat. Here is my absolute favorite top coat- https://www.target.com/p/sally-hansen-nail-treatment-45121-advanced-hard-as-nails-strengthening-top-coat-0-45-fl-oz/-/A-52476310
Now, you just have to let them dry. That top coat actually dries pretty fast! Some of my favorite polishes are:
-OPI Be There in a Prosecco (obvs!)
-OPI Bubble Bath
-Essie Gel Couture Wearing Hue?
-Essie Gel Couture Pre-Show Jitters
-OPI Aurora Berry-alis
-OPI You Don’t Know Jacques!
-OPI O Suzi Mio
As you can see it is really nothing fancy! Side Note- I also love to go get gel manicures! 🙂
Now go fill up your glass of bubbles! I have Sparkling Rose tonight!!
Cheers, Megan xoxo