If you have read some of my other posts, you know I am ALL about products. Less is not more in my opinion. I have recently added some new products to the line up that I am obsessing over. So of course I wanted to share!
First up is my new concealer. It is Tarte’s Shape Tape Contour Concealer. I am in love! It brightens my under eyes and covers up pimples so well. It is on the pricey side, but well worth it! I got it with a coupon at Ulta for 20% off. Sign up for the emails if you haven’t already. Here is the link.
Next up, Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I do not use this every day but when I need my eyeshadow to last longer than usual, I apply! It really does work like potion, as it says in its name. It goes on so smooth and I really see a difference in my eyeshadow. Not only does it POP, it lasts/stays fresh all day! Get it here.
Third is Loreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara! This mascara makes my lashes long and full! I felt like I could never really find the best mascara. But, I will look no more because this product is a dream! Here it is.
Next, is Elf’s Smooth and Set Eye Powder. It is so affordable and works beyond amazing! I got the color sheer which is white. But, it goes on so flawlessly and leaves my skin not shiny at all. It also sets my concealer extremely well. I am in love with this product and did I mention the price?! (I know I did!) Click to shop.
Last up, my face moisturizer. I’ve been using Simple Hydrating Gel Cream. Now, I shared this awhile back in my all time fave beauty products. If you watched my Instagram stories, I mentioned I had only been using it for about a week. Now that I have been using it for awhile, I can officially say how much I love it. It is so hydrating in all the right spots. I also literally use a pea size amount! Go for it.
I hope you enjoyed my round up! Now, go get some La Marca!
Cheers, Megan xoxo
As always, here is my disclaimer. I am by no means an expert or a licensed nail technician. What I am about to share is what works for me!
For as long as I can remember I have always painted my nails and took care of them. I cut, file and trim my cuticles. Here are some easy tips that work for me:
- Always take off nail polish before getting in the shower. Nail polish remover is so strong. So I have always felt like showering right after really gets the remover all off. Here is the remover I use. https://www.target.com/p/nail-polish-remover-solution-6-fl-oz-up-38-up-8482/-/A-51333136
- Remove cuticles when soft, most likely after your shower. Be careful the tool can be sharp. I use the Revlon cuticle remover and have for as long as I can remember. https://www.amazon.com/Revlon-Beauty-Tools-Cuticle-Trimmer/dp/B00GSV317E/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2PCAFCRW57BSY&keywords=revlon+cuticle+trimmer&qid=1560988082&s=gateway&sprefix=revlon+cuticle%2Caps%2C190&sr=8-6
- Next, file and cut your nails. Only cut if you really need to.
- Put on some Burts Bees Cuticle Cream. Ya’ll this stuff is the best! https://www.amazon.com/Burts-Bees-Cuticle-Cream-Butter/dp/B000WR47VY/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1T4ZUYKSPTW0I&keywords=burts+bees+cuticle+cream+lemon+butter&qid=1560988196&s=gateway&sprefix=burts+bees+cutic%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-7
- Okay, you are ready for polish! Obviously I can’t pick your color! (See some of my faves below) Always do a clear base coat, two coats of your color (unless you feel the color needs more), and then one top coat. Here is my absolute favorite top coat- https://www.target.com/p/sally-hansen-nail-treatment-45121-advanced-hard-as-nails-strengthening-top-coat-0-45-fl-oz/-/A-52476310
Now, you just have to let them dry. That top coat actually dries pretty fast! Some of my favorite polishes are:
-OPI Be There in a Prosecco (obvs!)
-OPI Bubble Bath
-Essie Gel Couture Wearing Hue?
-Essie Gel Couture Pre-Show Jitters
-OPI Aurora Berry-alis
-OPI You Don’t Know Jacques!
-OPI O Suzi Mio
As you can see it is really nothing fancy! Side Note- I also love to go get gel manicures! 🙂
Now go fill up your glass of bubbles! I have Sparkling Rose tonight!!
Cheers, Megan xoxo
These are my current 12 favorite beauty products. From hair, skin, nails, etc!
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo- Literally the BEST! It is a bit on the pricey side, but so worth it! If you subscribe to their emails they have sales all the time. I just got BOGO! If you need something more affordable try Batiste! I love this one too. Honestly, I switch off between these two! https://www.amazon.com/Batiste-shampoo-original-300ml-10-10/dp/B07MGZ6X2Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=batiste+dry+shampoo&qid=1560298525&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1 Amika Link- loveamika.com (it wouldn’t let me copy the exact link)
- Urban Decay Makeup Primer– Ya’ll this stuff is a GAME CHANGER! It is such a good product. It hides pores, blackheads, all those things you don’t want seen!! I stared using it in September and I will never look back. https://www.ulta.com/optical-illusion-complexion-primer?productId=xlsImpprod15371011
- Biolage ColorLast Shampoo & Conditioner– This brand is overall great! I can’t say enough good things and what it does for my hair. It goes on sale a lot at Ulta, too! https://www.ulta.com/biolage-colorlast-mini-kit?productId=xlsImpprod18451161
- Cetaphil Face Bar– This has also been a game changer for me. I have problematic skin, to say the least. Ever since I switched to this face bar I have really seen a difference in my skin. You can also use this bar on your body. https://www.amazon.com/Cetaphil-Deep-Cleansing-Face-Types/dp/B074ZGHFRM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=cetaphil%2Bface%2Bbar&qid=1560299120&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1
- Simple Gel Cream– Okay, I have to be honest I just started using this and I am IN LOVE! It is so hydrating and not oily! I literally use a pea size amount. I really like the gel, too! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076TBCFWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Urban Decay Naked Foundation– This foundation gives you medium to full coverage. I started using it in September (same time as the primer) and these two together…wooooooohoooo! It gives your skin such a natural finish. https://www.ulta.com/naked-skin-weightless-ultra-definition-liquid-makeup?productId=xlsImpprod4550001
- Elf Makeup Setting Spray– If you don’t use a setting spray, you need to start. The stuff I use is literally $4 and makes such a difference. My makeup lasts so much longer! It also can be a great refresher if you have plans after work, date night, etc!https://www.elfcosmetics.com/makeup-mist-and-set—small/85023.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9of6p9ji4gIVkISzCh2Vrg0qEAYYASABEgJzx_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
- Dead Sea Mud Mask– Doing this twice per week and the face bar has made my skin so smooth and less troublesome. You literally apply it, let it dry for 10 minutes and rinse! Done! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XTAFYKY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A12Z2DZT072EWQ&psc=1
- Hair Spray– I use Its a 10 Miracle Spray. I kid you not, this hair spray is a miracle. I have fine hair. So when I curl it I need a strong hold. This stuff works and lasts all day!! I use it when I straighten my hair, too. https://www.amazon.com/Its-10-Miracle-Finishing-Spray/dp/B004ZF04PW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1KSAKAN45LL7D&keywords=its+a+10+hairspray&qid=1560299644&s=beauty&sprefix=its+a+10%2Cbeauty%2C154&sr=1-3
- Naked Eye Shadow Pallet– Love these colors! It is a bit on the pricier side. But if you watch, you can get it on sale. I got mine for $25! The colors are for day and night! https://www.macys.com/shop/product/urban-decay-naked-eyeshadow-palette?ID=556313
- Essie Gel Couture– I paint my nails all the time. This nail polish lasts for a bit longer than others. It has a really nice glossy finish. See the link for the most recent color I ordered! You have to get the special top coat!https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GJ4N14M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- NYX Butter Gloss– The BEST lip gloss! It is so creamy and has so many colors to chose from! My absolute favorite is Creme Brulee. https://www.amazon.com/NYX-PROFESSIONAL-MAKEUP-Butter-Brulee/dp/B00BKH9HRE/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2HBCG8OVM9UQZ&keywords=nyx+butter+gloss+creme+brulee&qid=1560299950&s=beauty&sprefix=nyx+butter%2Cbeauty%2C283&sr=1-2
Alright ya’ll, there you have it! These are my current faves! Clearly, I am a product girl. I had trouble narrowing it down to 12!
Go fill that glass with prosecco!
Cheers, Megan xoxo
Self Tanner How To!
Now that the weather is HOT (here in the South) here is a quick guide on self tanner how to!
First off, I use St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse and it is the BEST! My tan is never orange and is always very natural looking. It is about $44 on amazon. You may think that is a bit expensive BUT one bottle should last you quite awhile depending on how often you use it. You can also get it during the winter for about $30 on amazon. So be strategic!
Okay here goes……
- Shower first! Do your norm but no fancy body wash!
- No lotion post shower other than a little bit on your knees and elbows. I do my normal face moisturizer routine.
- Using your mitt (yes, you need to get this) pump once and start on one leg doing small circular motions making sure to cover all the areas!
- I like to work my way from my legs all the way up to my face. I do my feet but not my toes. I also do up to my wrists and not my hands/fingers. This is really up to you though!
- The amount of pumps you use is also your preference. I do 1 pump for the bottom of each of my legs, 2-3 pumps for each of my thighs, 1-2 for my stomach, 1-2 for lower back, 1-2 for chest, 1-2 for upper back, 2 for my whole arm, and about 1 pump for my face.
- USE THE MITT and cover all areas!
At first, you may feel a bit sticky. Honestly, that doesn’t last long at all. When I do self tanner I usually get ready right after and I am completely dry by the time I am dressed. You can use your blow dryer on your skin to speed this up!
St. Tropez is so great for so many reasons. One is that it washes out! It has gotten on my sheets and literally no biggie! So you can get dressed after application!
When should you apply self tanner? This is completely up to you! My favorite time to do it is at night right before bed. This way the self tanner has all night to “sink in.” The bottle says to wash it off after three hours but I never follow those rules. I want all the tan! 🙂
Here is the link to St. Tropez: https://www.amazon.com/Tropez-Express-Advanced-Bronzing-Mousse/dp/B00KSS3MJ0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3C7HBUZR8AW0D&keywords=st+tropez+self+tanner&qid=1559088191&s=gateway&sprefix=st+tropez%5D%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-3
And to the Mitt: https://www.amazon.com/ST-TROPEZ-100013063-Tropez-Applicator/dp/B00JIM55MY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=18516ECTOKH05&keywords=self+tanner+mitt&qid=1559089034&s=beauty&sprefix=self+tanner+mit%2Cbeauty%2C148&sr=8-5
Now, go buy St. Tropez and fill up your Prosecco glass!
Cheers, Megan xoxox