These are my current favorite beauty products. From hair, skin, nails, etc!
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo- Literally the BEST! It is a bit on the pricey side, but so worth it! If you subscribe to their emails they have sales all the time. I just got BOGO! If you need something more affordable try Batiste! I love this one too. Honestly, I switch off between these two! https://www.amazon.com/Batiste-shampoo-original-300ml-10-10/dp/B07MGZ6X2Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=batiste+dry+shampoo&qid=1560298525&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1 Amika Link- loveamika.com (it wouldn’t let me copy the exact link)
- Urban Decay Makeup Primer– Ya’ll this stuff is a GAME CHANGER! It is such a good product. It hides pores, blackheads, all those things you don’t want seen!! I stared using it in September and I will never look back. https://www.ulta.com/optical-illusion-complexion-primer?productId=xlsImpprod15371011
- Biolage ColorLast Shampoo & Conditioner– This brand is overall great! I can’t say enough good things and what it does for my hair. It goes on sale a lot at Ulta, too! https://www.ulta.com/biolage-colorlast-mini-kit?productId=xlsImpprod18451161
- Cetaphil Face Bar– This has also been a game changer for me. I have problematic skin, to say the least. Ever since I switched to this face bar I have really seen a difference in my skin. You can also use this bar on your body. https://www.amazon.com/Cetaphil-Deep-Cleansing-Face-Types/dp/B074ZGHFRM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=cetaphil%2Bface%2Bbar&qid=1560299120&s=gateway&sr=8-3&th=1
- Simple Gel Cream– Okay, I have to be honest I just started using this and I am IN LOVE! It is so hydrating and not oily! I literally use a pea size amount. I really like the gel, too! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076TBCFWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Urban Decay Naked Foundation– This foundation gives you medium to full coverage. I started using it in September (same time as the primer) and these two together…wooooooohoooo! It gives your skin such a natural finish. https://www.ulta.com/naked-skin-weightless-ultra-definition-liquid-makeup?productId=xlsImpprod4550001
- Elf Makeup Setting Spray– If you don’t use a setting spray, you need to start. The stuff I use is literally $4 and makes such a difference. My makeup lasts so much longer! It also can be a great refresher if you have plans after work, date night, etc!https://www.elfcosmetics.com/makeup-mist-and-set—small/85023.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9of6p9ji4gIVkISzCh2Vrg0qEAYYASABEgJzx_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
- Dead Sea Mud Mask– Doing this twice per week and the face bar has made my skin so smooth and less troublesome. You literally apply it, let it dry for 10 minutes and rinse! Done! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XTAFYKY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A12Z2DZT072EWQ&psc=1
- Hair Spray– I use Its a 10 Miracle Spray. I kid you not, this hair spray is a miracle. I have fine hair. So when I curl it I need a strong hold. This stuff works and lasts all day!! I use it when I straighten my hair, too. https://www.amazon.com/Its-10-Miracle-Finishing-Spray/dp/B004ZF04PW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1KSAKAN45LL7D&keywords=its+a+10+hairspray&qid=1560299644&s=beauty&sprefix=its+a+10%2Cbeauty%2C154&sr=1-3
- Naked Eye Shadow Pallet– Love these colors! It is a bit on the pricier side. But if you watch, you can get it on sale. I got mine for $25! The colors are for day and night! https://www.macys.com/shop/product/urban-decay-naked-eyeshadow-palette?ID=556313
- Essie Gel Couture– I paint my nails all the time. This nail polish lasts for a bit longer than others. It has a really nice glossy finish. See the link for the most recent color I ordered! You have to get the special top coat!https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GJ4N14M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- NYX Butter Gloss– The BEST lip gloss! It is so creamy and has so many colors to chose from! My absolute favorite is Creme Brulee. https://www.amazon.com/NYX-PROFESSIONAL-MAKEUP-Butter-Brulee/dp/B00BKH9HRE/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2HBCG8OVM9UQZ&keywords=nyx+butter+gloss+creme+brulee&qid=1560299950&s=beauty&sprefix=nyx+butter%2Cbeauty%2C283&sr=1-2
Alright ya’ll, there you have it! These are my current faves! Clearly, I am a product girl. I had trouble narrowing it down to 12!
Go fill that glass with prosecco!
Cheers, Megan xoxo
Check out my Instagram Story Highlights for the full try on!
Off the Shoulder Dress- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1BVGT1/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ruffled Floral Romper- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F2T8PZ7/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Feel free to contact me with any questions! Time for that afternoon glass of bubbles!
Cheers! Megan xoxox
As always, let me say this first. All of the things I’m about to mention is what worked for Julianna. So take it for what it is worth and use your judgement for your little one!
When Julianna was two months old we flew with her the first time. I’m telling you it was the easiest flight ever! I carried her, see our carrier below, and she slept the entire time. We woke her up to feed her but that was it! So if you have a little baby, do not worry! TSA is very flexible too about liquids when traveling with a baby/toddler.
We flew again when Julianna was about six months old. This time not as easy as the first. She was more “mobile” and more aware. We forgot about her schedule and did everything on demand for travel days. We had one rough flight where she was really fussy. We just fed her, gave her, her pacifier, and bounced her up and down. Not much more you can do. She also took a nap which helped.
Next flight she was 1! I was a bit nervous for this one. BUT she did fine. We packed A LOT of snacks and her favorite toys. We also let her get below us and crawl a bit. I know this is sort of gross but we sat on the plane for over an hour before take off, so my husband and I were desperate.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know Julianna and I recently went to Buffalo just us two girls. I was extremely nervous to fly solo with her. Not only is she walking/running now, she loves to play and can be a little “wild.” So I overpacked snacks, made her lunch to have on the plane and brought more than a few go to toys.
We took off, she sat in my lap and ate some fruit. I was like ok when is the melt down going to happen?! To my pleasant surprise she did PERFECT! I couldn’t stop bragging on her all weekend. She did great! All the snacks helped, and the fact that I had her favorite toys helped too. We also had some kind/fun seat mates! On the second leg of the trip was her lunch time, which helped as well.
Side Note Tips:
- Be strategic with your times, if you can!
- Bring ALL the snacks and don’t worry about how much your kiddo is eating (take that with a grain of salt)
- Pack your child’s favorite toys
- Do not carry on luggage!
- Always use the family restroom
- Use a carseat cover if you are checking it
- Check your stroller at the gate and pick it up at your next gate!
- Be flexible and calm! (I know easier said then done at times)
There is really nothing fancy about this post and my advice. When it comes down to it, you know your child! Go with it!
You deserve that glass of Prosecco! Go put a bottle in the fridge for later! I already did!
Cheers, Megan xoxo
Now that the weather is HOT (here in the South) here is a quick guide on self tanner how to!
First off, I use St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse and it is the BEST! My tan is never orange and is always very natural looking. It is about $44 on amazon. You may think that is a bit expensive BUT one bottle should last you quite awhile depending on how often you use it. You can also get it during the winter for about $30 on amazon. So be strategic!
Okay here goes……
- Shower first! Do your norm but no fancy body wash!
- No lotion post shower other than a little bit on your knees and elbows. I do my normal face moisturizer routine.
- Using your mitt (yes, you need to get this) pump once and start on one leg doing small circular motions making sure to cover all the areas!
- I like to work my way from my legs all the way up to my face. I do my feet but not my toes. I also do up to my wrists and not my hands/fingers. This is really up to you though!
- The amount of pumps you use is also your preference. I do 1 pump for the bottom of each of my legs, 2-3 pumps for each of my thighs, 1-2 for my stomach, 1-2 for lower back, 1-2 for chest, 1-2 for upper back, 2 for my whole arm, and about 1 pump for my face.
- USE THE MITT and cover all areas!
At first, you may feel a bit sticky. Honestly, that doesn’t last long at all. When I do self tanner I usually get ready right after and I am completely dry by the time I am dressed. You can use your blow dryer on your skin to speed this up!
St. Tropez is so great for so many reasons. One is that it washes out! It has gotten on my sheets and literally no biggie! So you can get dressed after application!
When should you apply self tanner? This is completely up to you! My favorite time to do it is at night right before bed. This way the self tanner has all night to “sink in.” The bottle says to wash it off after three hours but I never follow those rules. I want all the tan! 🙂
Here is the link to St. Tropez: https://www.amazon.com/Tropez-Express-Advanced-Bronzing-Mousse/dp/B00KSS3MJ0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3C7HBUZR8AW0D&keywords=st+tropez+self+tanner&qid=1559088191&s=gateway&sprefix=st+tropez%5D%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-3
And to the Mitt: https://www.amazon.com/ST-TROPEZ-100013063-Tropez-Applicator/dp/B00JIM55MY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=18516ECTOKH05&keywords=self+tanner+mitt&qid=1559089034&s=beauty&sprefix=self+tanner+mit%2Cbeauty%2C148&sr=8-5
Now, go buy St. Tropez and fill up your Prosecco glass!
Cheers, Megan xoxox
Check out my Instagram Story Highlights for a try on session from Amazon Prime Wardrobe!
Here are all of the links if you are interested!
Fit & Flare Coral Dress- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017S8JMGY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Eyelet Shift Pink Dress-https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0AXLDS/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
As long as I can remember, even going back to when I was a little girl, I LOVED shoes. I have so many pairs and keep buying more! So I wanted to do a sandal/summer shoe round up for ya’ll. Your welcome 🙂
Nude wedges from the Pink Lily Boutique. If you haven’t visited their website, you are missing out! They are super comfortable and AFFORDABLE! I wore them, for the first time, for a night out. I had them on the entire night (obviously), danced with my husband and had zero issues! https://pinklily.com/the-meredith-wedges/
Dolce Vita Sandals- I wear these sandals at least three times a week. They go with everything and come in other colors! I got them from DSW. A must have! https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/dolce-vita-paddy-sandal/450070?activeColor=974
Valentino Dupes– Okay, I know I have already shared these on my Amazon Prime Post a few weeks back. But they are just that good to not be in this round up. Super cheap, cute and comfortable! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RFPLD2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A1XIIZHO0DZZ2U&psc=1
Sperrys- I don’t know about ya’ll but I love my Sperrys. They last forever and are well worth the price. These ones have memory foam (great for pregnant mamas!) and come in white. These canvas shoes are good for Spring, Summer and Fall! https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/sperry-top-sider-pier-view-slip-on-sneaker/341369?activeColor=020
Steve Madden– Need I say more?! I love these sandals. Side note- my heel is a tad smaller than these ones. I couldn’t find my exact ones, but these ones are pretty close! Perfect for work, date night, girls night, pretty much anytime! https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/steve-madden-elita-sandal/439637?activeColor=230
If you haven’t already noticed…I like “neutral” sandals that can go with anything!
It is about that time. Go fill your prosecco glass! (Hope you have LaMarca)
Cheers, Megan xoxo
When we were pregnant with Julianna both my husband and I knew we wanted to make our own baby food. I remember our “to do” list before she arrived. Making baby food and freezing it was last on the list. But I actually, surprisingly, made it to the end of the list the week she was born and was able to freeze baby food prior to her arrival.
First off, the baby food I made was EXTREMELY easy and not fancy by any means. I used a ninja the entire time her food was pureed. Here is the link to the one we have: https://www.amazon.com/Blender-Processor-450-Watt-Smoothies-QB1004/dp/B004XK4N9C/ref=sr_1_9?crid=C27X4L35YTQT&keywords=ninja+blender&qid=1557790527&s=gateway&sprefix=ninja%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-9
We still have and use this ninja for other things, too! We actually bought the ninja well before we even started trying for a baby. So I swear by my ninja!
Like I said up above, nothing fancy! It is super simple…just cook everything and then puree! Here are some combo ideas once you have tried each food separately:
- spinach/sweet potato
- butternut squash/green beans
- pear (I don’t think we mixed anything with pear)
- strawberry/peanut butter (baby PB & J)
Tips: Cook squash in slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours and then puree (if you buy whole). We bought frozen and fresh veggies. So do whatever works best for you! I would make big batches and freeze but you could also just make it as you go. I would also bake the apples and then puree. They may need some water when you puree. You can add water to the ninja, in general, if you feel the mixture needs some moisture. In my opinion, making your own saves money!
So now you are thinking how did you store/freeze what you pre-made?! Well if you have read any of my posts you know I am an amazon lover so of course I got everything, mostly, on amazon. I used an “ice cube tray” and would freeze the food and then transfer into freezer ziplock bags. Here is the link and then see the picture below. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038JE5Y2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I also used OXO Tot Baby Blocks freezer containers. These were great and one of my favorites. You can leave the food in the containers and put it right into the freezer and just pull it out when you want to use it. We even use these containers today to pack lunch for day care. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QZBEFK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
We also used the Munchkin Fresh Food Freezer Cups (another one of my favorites) which you can use just like the OXO. We also still use these today to pack lunch for daycare. Link: https://www.munchkin.com/freezer-silicone-storage-cups.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI172cqdiZ4gIVibfACh1e0g_uEAYYASABEgIFm_D_BwE
As always, now is the time to go fill your glass of Prosecco!
Cheers, Megan xoxo
I wanna start off with a quick story about Amazon Prime. My husband has always had Amazon Prime. At first, I was clueless. It didn’t make any sense to me and why would you pay for that? CRAZY! Once we were married, the first time it renewed I was so mad about the price for the whole year. I told him I was going to cancel next year. Well……..he converted me! I don’t know what we would do without Amazon Prime! We’ve even gotten into Prime Pantry (more to come on that later).
Since we love Amazon Prime so much I wanted to share with ya’ll my current top five favorites!
Number One- Blue Striped Ruffled Blouse with Pom Pom Ties
We recently went to Mexico for a week without Julianna so of course I needed a “few” new things to add to my wardrobe. This blouse was one of them! It is beyond cute and perfect with white jeans, shorts, and blue jeans! It runs true to size and comes in other colors. I will admit I purchased the blue and pink. I returned the pink…it just wasn’t my favorite. But, like I said I am in love with the blue! I got a Small for size reference. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B2W6PCG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Number Two- Valentino Dupe Sandals
Okay, I had my eye on these for MONTHS before I got them. They are so cute and comfortable, and a dupe to the real thing. For $20 these sandals are a must have! I wear them at the pool, running errands, etc! Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RFPLD2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A1XIIZHO0DZZ2U&psc=1
Number Three- Beaded Tassel Earrings
Okay, who would of thought…earrings on Amazon Prime?! These beaded tassel earrings came in a two pack for $13. I got red and white. So perfect for Spring and Summer! I don’t see the two pack anymore 😦 but they are still only about $9 each! Still a deal in my opinion and there are a bunch of colors to choose from! Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075P2RDJX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Number Four- Blue Bow Know Tie Waist Shorts
These shorts run true to size and are BEYOND comfortable. The tie in the front really makes the shorts, too! They are longer in length and have pockets! The material does not wrinkle easily, either. A must have for busy/on the go moms! Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FB9D4XN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Number Five- Swig!
Okay ya’ll I saved the best for last…my Swig (stemless wine tumbler) for my Prosecco! This is great to drink from due to the life of a mom. I found myself pouring my glass of Prosecco and then getting busy doing something for/with Julianna and it got warm. This tumbler is not only cute, but keeps your drink of preference nice and cool! I have the color berry. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHKWPVC/ref=twister_B06XW7KD7K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Okay, those are my current top five faves from Amazon Prime! Now go get that stemless wine tumbler and fill it up with Prosecco!
Cheers, Megan xoxo
First, I want to preface this post saying that this is what worked for our family. Every baby/toddler is different and not one thing works.
When Julianna was first born we did EVERYTHING on demand. Meaning when she was hungry, we fed her. When she was tired, we let her sleep. So honestly, there was no schedule. Once she was about six weeks old we were on a feeding schedule. Honestly, it was still flexible. We fed her every three hours unless she was hungry before. If she was consistently hungry before the three hour mark we would increase her ounces of formula. Then, she started sleeping through the night and napping less during the day. Parent WIN!
When Julianna was about five months old that is when we were on a strict schedule. See below:
- 8:00- wake up/bottle
- 8:30-9:45 play, play play!
- 9:45-11:00 nap
- 11:00 bottle
- 11:30 (food-once she started solids at six months)
- 11:45-12:45 play, play, play!
- 12:45- 2:00 nap
- 2:00 bottle
- 2:30-3:45 play, play, play
- 3:45-5:00 nap
- 5:00 bottle
- 5:30-6:45 play, play, play (and she would always sit with us when we ate dinner)
- 6:45 bath time
- 7:00 pajamas/settle down
- 7:20 read
- 7:30 bedtime
Julianna followed this schedule for quite some time.
Now Julianna’s schedule is way different than mentioned above. She has been on this schedule, which is her current, for about five months. See below:
8:00-9:00 wake up (she will wake up in this range)
1:15 -3:30 Nap (she may wake up prior to 3:30)
6:45 bath time
7:00 wind down/snack
7:20 read/brush teeth
I think when it comes down to it, you have to do what is best for you. We did so well with a strict schedule and not straying from it. But, hey, that might not be the case for you! Which is fine! Julianna was a very easy baby, too.
Now, go fill up your glass of Prosecco!
Cheers, Megan xoxo